Saturday, February 23, 2008

South Beach Wine & Food Fest

I am headed down to South Beach today for the Grand Tasting at the Festival. It is, more or less, the centerpiece day. My friend Jen Karetnick, a well-known food writer, gave me her passes.

I've lived either on the Beach (South Beach) or in Miami for just over six years and I have never been to this event.

I'm covering it for a couple of websites and magazines and to a certain extent I am the eyes and ears for Jen since she can't go.

I will see Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, Giada, Emeril, Anthony Bourdain....and I am sure that I will heckle Tyler Florence and Rachel Ray.

And, lest we not forget the free booze.

I am, in the words of Early Cuyler: "Excited-er than hell."

I think I'll go out in the yard and yell for spell.

Here is a heads up: I say this because I have heard it butchered so many times and because I had no idea myself until I got here.

"South Beach" is the area from South Pointe Park to 23rd Street in the City of Miami Beach, which stretches from South Pointe to 88th Street; bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the east and Biscayne Bay on the west. This is a separate municipality from the City of Miami.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.