Saturday, August 01, 2009

Julia Child is a school girl from the temperance movement

I was just thinking that because:

1. I like Julia Child. (RIP)

2. I cook.

3. The redhead in the new movie "Julie and Julia" is hot. (She's also in Talladega Nights.)

And since I cook, why shouldn't I give a little back to the foodie establishment?

Yeah, all you upturned snot noses can kiss my ass. I don't want to be a chef, but I might own a restaurant one day.

So here's what I did off the cuff tonight for dinner.

I took a chicken tender. Yes. That is a "cut" of chicken.

Anyway. I seasoned some flour (I used salt, pepper and Adobo). I diced the tender into bit-sized pieces; dredged it in the flour, then milk, then the flour again.

I pan fried that chicken in a little bacon grease and butter.

I put on some pasta (linguine in this case). And, I took the opportunity to use my small cast iron skillet to throw in some extra v. olive oil and red pepper flakes--and sweat some garlic and onions in that skillet. When the chicken was crispy, I threw it in there as well.

I drained the linguine; threw a little olive oil in the bottom of the pasta pot and incorporated all ingredients.

Music time: something angry like Ice Cube, GNR from back in the day, etc.
Prep time: as long as you need (cooking is relaxing for me)
Liquor time: probably about 5 beers. Be careful with the knife.
Rest time: after incorporation, let it sit for about 3 minutes, then eat.

Let me take this opp. to say that the most amiable/people person chef in Miami is Michelle Bernstein. Most of the others are pricks. That's just my two cents.

And, to be quite honest. It's my blog so whatever.

No comments: